Re: Can one install packages from Parrot or Kali on Debian testing? (Was: Re: Hi :))

Parrot and Kali both have their own support lists. Kali, in particular, use a modified Debian testing as the basis of their rolling release but modify kernels and other packages. In general, people would suggest not mixing Debian stable and Debian testing. Using packages from another Debian-derived distribution risks creating a "FrankenDebian" that you can't control and can't readily fix without removing significant numbers of packages: this also applies to Ubuntu and, especially, Ubuntu PPAs mixed with Debian.

All the very best

Andy C

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiczpvn0-DrAhWTA2MBHUrsDXwQFjAAegQIARAB&url="">