Re: query about kernel, download options, sessions

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 13:48:03 -0700
David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

> I added an alias to my .profile so that --no-install-recommends is
> always set:
>
> 2020-09-08 13:45:56 root@tinkywinky ~
> # grep 'no-install-recommends' .profile*
> .profile:alias apt-get='apt-get --no-install-recommends'

You may wish to add this to your apt configuration
file(s), /etc/apt/apt.conf or /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/*, instead, like so:

APT::Install-Recommends "false";

That should apply to apt-get, (I believe) aptitude, and synaptic, as
well as apt, should you decide to use one of those.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/