Re: Journal

On 9/3/20 11:20 AM, Joe wrote:
On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 11:11:56 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

Pelican is a static site generator. You write your content in
MarkDown or RST, and then Pelican compiles it into a website by
applying a theme and CSS styles.

Performance is high, because your webserver is only handing out
existing files. Security is high, because your webserver isn't
allowing any writes to anything.

My personal blog is at https://blog.randomstring.org

You can see many examples at http://pelicanthemes.com

Pelican is packaged for Debian. Although we are a few releases
behind mainline, the difference is all in new features, not
security.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not looking for a CMS system, just
a diary. Either Robojournal (if it was maintained) or Lifeograph (if it
worked at all) would be fine.

I just installed Lifeograph, out of curiosity mostly. It installed and runs, but does not have a modifiable window, is that what you mean by "not working"?

I maximized the window and there was then enough territory to actually see and read the stock "diaries". Perhaps this is enough to help you? I have not yet tried to create my own diary, so there may be other issues I haven't hit yet.

If not, a clearer description of "if it worked at all" would be helpful.

For now, I'll go with phpMyAdmin, and throw together a frontend in PHP
when I have time and enthusiasm.

Bob