Re: Journal

Francisco M Neto wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-09-03 at 08:15 -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > Joe wrote:
> > > Neither of them actually function, at least in sid. Does anyone have any
> > > other ideas, apart from phpMyAdmin or Mysql Workbench?
> >
> > If you want to publish a blog, I recommend Pelican. If you don't
> > want to publish anything, I recommend using your text editor of
> > choice in a directory structure, with one file per day or week
> > or month depending on your desire.
>
> 	I never heard of Pelican. What's the difference between it and other
> solutions like Wordpress or Joomla?

Pelican is a static site generator. You write your content in
MarkDown or RST, and then Pelican compiles it into a website by
applying a theme and CSS styles.

Performance is high, because your webserver is only handing out
existing files. Security is high, because your webserver isn't
allowing any writes to anything.

My personal blog is at https://blog.randomstring.org

You can see many examples at http://pelicanthemes.com

Pelican is packaged for Debian. Although we are a few releases
behind mainline, the difference is all in new features, not
security.

-dsr-