Re: Signal [Was:] Re: Encrypt files on Linux, decrypt on Windows

On Ma, 25 aug 20, 14:17:26, Celejar wrote:

> I do use Signal on mobile, and I want to like it, but there are a few
> things about it that just really bother me (these may not be relevant
> to the OPs situation):

I never claimed it's perfect, just that it's not a "black box". See also
this comment in one of the discussions you linked that appears to be
more balanced:

https://github.com/privacytools/privacytools.io/issues/779#issuecomment-471687384

As far as I can tell Signal is still miles ahead of WhatsApp, Telegram,
Snapchat, etc. and it's still challenging to get others to use it[1].

One might find that with the "perfect" communication tool there is no
one to communicate with :)

[1] I basically had to "blackmail" my close family and friends by
refusing to install WhatsApp on my private phone.

Kind regards,
Andrei