Re: right after installation errors reported during booting (dmesg) ...

On Saturday 22 August 2020 09:38:59 Albretch Mueller wrote:

> On 8/21/20, The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >  Wow. That's some dense, opaque code.
>
>  my only intention was to get something done as quickly as possible. I
> didn't even know that people cared about proper writing of bash
> script. Is there such a thing? Do people take it seriously?
>
>  lbrtchx

Yes, some folks do care. I do quite a bit of stuff in bash, and the
single, most expert help in the form of good practice teaching was from
Jon LaBadie, on the amanda list. Tricks that I didn't know bash could
do, are both efficient and child's play for Jon. Like me, he's been at
it for a long time, and growing less active on the amanda list.

Me, I make noise just to let folks know the old fart is still around, or
when I need help. My next b-day in about 6 weeks, will be my 86th.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis