Re: Encrypt files on Linux, decrypt on Windows

On 2020-08-21 10:46, local10 wrote:
Hi,

What would be a reasonably secure and simple way to encrypt files on Linux and then send them to a  non-technical Windows user so she would be able decrypt and read them?

Any ideas? Thanks

I maintain a working Windows installation for use-cases like this and have installed PeaZip:

    https://peazip.en.softonic.com/

I use PeaZip to create a self-extracting encrypted 7z archive -- an *.exe file -- and send the archive by e-mail or Dropbox.

Once the receipt figures out how to obtain the archive -- anti-spyware and e-mail clients tend to block *.exe files -- they can run the archive, enter the password in a pop-up dialog, and extract the files via a small GUI.

David