Re: Disks renamed after update to 'testing'...?

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 02:41:02PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> On 2020-08-19 03:03, Urs Thuermann wrote:
> >David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> writes:
>
> >>When using a drive as backup media, are there likely use-cases that
> >>benefit from configuring the drive with no partition, a single PV,
> >>single VG, single LV, and single filesystem vs. configuring the drive
> >>with a single partition, single UUID fstab entry, and single
> >>filesystem?

Contraty to the other (very valid) points, my backups are always on
a LUKS drive, no partition table. Rationale is, should I lose it, the
less visible information the better. Best if it looks like a broken
USB stick. No partition table looks (nearly) broken :-)

Cheers
-- t