Re: Is there permissve GPL3 compatible license ?

W dniu śro, 19.08.2020 o godzinie 16∶11 +0200, użytkownik
tomas@tuxteam.de napisał:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 02:09:01PM +0200, Marek Mosiewicz wrote:
> > W dniu śro, 19.08.2020 o godzinie 08∶05 +0200, użytkownik
> > tomas@tuxteam.de napisał:
> > > On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 09:17:36PM +0200, Marek Mosiewicz wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > > The thing is: BSD, MIT and friends allow you to combine the stuff
> > > with any other program and relicense the result as you wish (e.g.
> > > proprietary). This includes a GPL work. The result is, then, GPL.
> > BSD and MIT allows you to combine it with other work I agree [...]
>
> I think Thomas answered that part well.
>
> Moreover, just have a look at the diagram in the reference [2]
> I linked to in my last answer.
Thanks, I noticed diagram now. This is something I recognized.

Unfortunetly I see that Free Software Foundation claims that MIT(X11)
and BSD are GPL compatible [1]

That seems to be serious problem for developers. I'm in process of
selecting license for some new work for ADempiere project [2]

That project is GPL2 licensed with commercial options avaialble [3]

One main goal of selecting license is library community. Especially in
Java ecosystem there is huge number of libraries written with Apache2
license.

It seems that currently only viable option is LGPL2.1+

Kind regards,
    Marek Mosiewicz

> [...]
>
> > > The patent grant in Apache2 is why the FSF recommends this one
> > > among the non-copyleft [4] licenses.
> > >
> > Is it GPL3 compatible ?
>
> Yes. Again, see the diagram in [2].
>
> Cheers