Re: mp3 images on in-dash radio

Russell L. Harris wrote:
> PROBLEM: For some of the sessions, the LCD display of the in-dash
> radio displays an image.  The image is not related to any of the
> series of lectures.  Moreover, some of the images are objectionable.
> Some in-dash radios make display of images optional.
>
> I have been unable to determine the source of the images.  I have
> found no clues from searching on the Web.
>
> = Is it possible that an image is embedded in the MP3 file which I
> have created?  Or can there be a URL to an image in the label which I
> have created?  If so, at what stage of the processing was the image or
> link introduced?  How can I remove them?
>
> = Doe the image originate in the in-dash radio?  If so, where does it
> reside, and how and why is it associated with my files?

What in-dash system are you using?

While it is possible to embed information in an MP3 file, one
has to do so affirmatively, and the space is quite limited.

Much more likely is that the stereo system is either:

reading images from the USB stick in a slide-show mode

or

looking up "albums" via a web service and trying to display the
covers.

-dsr-