mp3 images on in-dash radio

I processed several lecture series (analogue voice streams) as
follows:

(1) record each stream as a WAV file on a TASCAM digital recorder

(2) load each WAV file into "Audacity" as a project, for editing and
for manual insertion of a number of filename labels, to label sessions
within each lecture series

(3) use the "Audacity" FILE -> EXPORT MULTIPLE function to split each
project into WAV files corresponding to the manually-inserted labels,
with each session in a separate file

(4) use "lame" to encode each of the WAV files as MP3

(5) use "id3tool" to create for each MP3 file a tag showing TRACK,
TITLE, ARTIST, ALBUM, YEAR.  (These fields have to do with the lecture
series, lecture topic, and session number; they are not artist name
and album and song titles in the usual sense.)

(6) copy the MP3 files into folders of a directory structure, sorting
them by lecture series

(7) use "puddletag" to create a playlist for each folder (lecture
series), to play sessions in proper order

(8) copy the directory structure to a USB flash memory stick, for
playback over the in-dash radio of an automobile.

PROBLEM: For some of the sessions, the LCD display of the in-dash
radio displays an image.  The image is not related to any of the
series of lectures.  Moreover, some of the images are objectionable.
Some in-dash radios make display of images optional.

I have been unable to determine the source of the images.  I have
found no clues from searching on the Web.

= Is it possible that an image is embedded in the MP3 file which I
have created?  Or can there be a URL to an image in the label which I
have created?  If so, at what stage of the processing was the image or
link introduced?  How can I remove them?

= Doe the image originate in the in-dash radio?  If so, where does it
reside, and how and why is it associated with my files?