Re: [OT] Requesting feedback for VPS/Cloud for email (MX) server?

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:59:06PM +0530, Didar Hossain wrote:
> I have shortlisted Digital Ocean and Linode for my use because both of
> datacenters in India. Is anyone using either of them for MX service?

You will be fine almost anywhere (as long as you find the service
reliable) for inbound email, but it's sending where you will have
issues.

Most cheap VM providers are a spam sewer and you will experience
significant difficulties getting large email service providers like
gmail to consistently accept your email if you send from such a
network neighbourhood. I would include Linode, DigitalOcean, Hetzner
and OVH in the "spam sewer" classification.

If you're determined to do it, at least make sure you abide by the
real world best practices for sending email:

    https://bridge.grumpy-troll.org/2020/07/small-mailserver-bcp/

I have to declare an interest because I operate a VM hosting
company, but I speak on this as a recipient of email and as a member
of the mailop mailing list where every month we see people
complaining they can't get mail out of a spam sewer and into gmail.

    https://www.mailop.org/

Cheers,
Andy