Re: Debian 10.4 Logitech MX5500

On Fri 31 Jul 2020 at 06:31:52 (-0600), Charles Curley wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 12:05:50 +0000 David <dwbeek367@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > Oh, the problem is having to find a wired kybd/mouse to even look.
> > As said wireless no longer works.

It looks as though you have two choices. Either:

. Boot with the installation flash drive, where the kbd/mouse work,
  and use it as your rescue system to effect the repair as outlined
  in the reference above.

Or:

. Boot with the installation flash drive and repeat the installation.
  Before it terminates, effect the repair as outlined above, but with
  one important change:
  Repair the file /target/lib/udev/rules.d/97-bluetooth-hid2hci.rules
  rather than the file /lib/udev/rules.d/97-bluetooth-hid2hci.rules
  because /target is where your new installation is being built.

  "Before it terminates"—when is a good time? With expert non-graphical
  installation, there are several opportunities:
    - Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk
    - Finish the installation (clock setting)
    - Finish the installation (remove installation media)
  There may be fewer occasions when using non-expert/other methods.

  At the chosen opportune time, type Alt-F2 and press Return to get a shell.
  Effect the repair.
  Type Alt-F1 (or Alt-←) to return to the installation screen.

Cheers,
David.