Re: Signature [was: BIOS time fine, Linux/Debian's isn't! ...]

On 2020-07-31 at 08:37, Reco wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 07:45:57AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:52:57AM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

>>> Quirks are fine, when things continue to work.  Your sig
>>> separator fails completely.
>>
>> "Fails" in what way?  He doesn't actually have a "signature file".
>> He doesn't have a signature separator ("-- \n") followed by a
>> signature message.  He simply uses "-- t\n\n" at the end of each
>> email.
>>
>> You're not missing out on any content.
>
> It's a kmail thing. mutt, being a superior MUA, is not affected.

Can you clarify both A: in what way this is kmail-specific, and B: what
behaviors you're seeing in respect to mutt that are relevant here?

I see failure on my end, with Thunderbird, which is similar to what I
understand the problem being complained about to be. It is my
understanding that the problem is rooted in (lack of) compliance with a
particular RFC, such that the resulting behavior will be basically
universal across all compliant mail clients.

If mutt is somehow managing to produce the behavior which I would would
be called for by the compliant delimiter, despite not seeing such a
delimiter, then I'm curious as to how.

--
   The Wanderer