Re: [OT] Requesting feedback for VPS/Cloud for email (MX) server?

On 7/31/20 3:29 AM, Didar Hossain wrote:
I read around a little and it seems that most cloud providers block SMTP ports
(25,587,465) from/t the internet as well sometimes from within their network.
This poses a real problem for my deployment plans. Also, note that my design has
separate MSA (submission), Mailstore (IMAP) and MTA (MX) nodes.

I have never heard that. Many home ISPs block those ports, but VPS
providers generally are serving a business market. My own VPS is
with RimuHosting (https://rimuhosting.com) and they block no ports.
The most economical one I have heard of
(https://nosupportlinuxhosting.com/) certainly does not, and you will
find it hard to beat the price.

You mentioned wanting your host to be physically based in India,
but I'm not sure that's important unless you expect very heavy
traffic and need very short response times. My Rimuhosting VPS
has moved from New Zealand to Long Island, New York (east cost
of the USA) to Dallas, Texas (southwestern USA, about 2400 km
away) and for what I do (web hosting and mail, mostly) it has
made no detectable difference.

--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!