Re: FOSS equivalents of *OLD* database and spreadsheet tools?

On 2020-07-26 08:54, Joe wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 14:55:35 -0700
David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

It's been a while, but Linux-Apache-MySQL-Perl worked for me back in
the day:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamp_stack

I have a couple of early web applications written in Perl, but then I
found PHP. There's still no SQL user interface RAD tool like Access,
which uses SQL internally and externally, and has a lot of database
design knowledge built into it.

I'm not very good at this and wondered how to do it and thought could have things in a hash of hashes. As you tend to stick with a limited variety of recipes wouldn't be that extensive for personal use. After sorting out input.

my %food=(
"ham sandwich"=>{
cal=> .4,
protein=>.2,
fiber=>.3,
},
"cauliflower cheese"=>{
cal=> .8,
protein=>.3,
fiber=>.1,
},
);
my $calories= $food{$ARGV[0]}{cal}*$ARGV[1];

and add it to a weekly and daily totals file.

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31