Re: node.js updates processor microcode?

On 7/24/20 11:32 PM, mick crane wrote:
On 2020-07-25 03:17, Carl Fink wrote:
I just installed npm on a Stable (Buster) system with apt. It brought in
dozens of other packages. Then I worked on other stuff while it downloaded and installed. When I came back, a curses prompt was informing me that it had
already updated my kernel microcode. Is that something node.js is really
supposed to do. That wasn't a confirmation prompt, it was, "I already did
this, do you want to restart services?"

I installed npm on Buster with apt a couple of days ago and did not get that message.
mick

Maybe your microcode was current.

--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com