Re: How to control mode entered after specific inactivity time?

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Richard Owlett wrote:

My search attempts likely failed because I didn't know the appropriate terms.

After some initial inactivity the screen blanks and can can be brought back to life by mouse movement.
After a longer period of inactivity one must touch the power button.

What are the correct names for these states?

How does a user (preferably not root) control the timing of entering these states? I know that I've reset them because the defaults were inconvenient. Now they are inappropriate. I'm using Debian 9.8.

TIA

edit /etc/systemd/sleep.conf