Re: Slic3r --gui won't run

On Monday, July 20, 2020 06:58:10 AM Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> "the latest candidate version" would be more accurate. If you think this
> wording is an improvement feel free to file a wishlist bugs against
> 'apt' (the package).

Thanks -- I'll probably let that percolate in my head for a little while
before I file a bug -- it's probably good wording, but there is no need to jump
to a conclusion -- maybe we (collectively) will come up with something better
or recognize this as the best choice.

> > I'm guessing that someone would describe the situation of the old
> > openssh- client as being pinned, but does that word ever appear
> > somewhere to describe the situation?  (I mean like, can you run apt-get
> > (or something else) and get a list of pinned packages with the word
> > "pinned" next to them?
>
> You are looking for 'apt policy' (with no package).

Thanks!  (But, nothing shows up there as pinned -- I probably have a lot more
to learn here, but, as my current problem is solved, may not dig into it.)

(I would like to help Gene with his problem, but I think you're giving the
best advice on this atm.  (I was trying to tell him that the problem
package(s) that he is looking for is (are) those named in the apt-get install
command, but don't think I was very clear.)