Re: psu or firmware?

On 18/07/2020 13:47, Klaus Singvogel wrote:
Graham Seaman wrote:
I'm running Debian on an old Dell Vostro 1520 - old and slow, but has been
working fine. Recently the PSU has stopped charging. It is genuinely empty;
if I power down and then try to boot with no power cable attached the laptop
is completely dead.
Maybe the CMOS battery empty?

Why would the CMOS battery affect the main battery? (not being sarcastic - I really don't know enough about this to know whether it would or not)

Thanks

Graham

Try to measure the voltage, if you're eligible with this.

If low and depending on price for replacement, I would give it a chance.

https://www.parts-people.com/blog/2015/11/05/dell-inspiron-1520-cmos-battery-removal-installation/

Best regards,
	Klaus.