Re: Very old hardware...

On 7/11/20 7:07 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Sun 05 Jul 2020 at 23:44:09 (+0200), Thomas Schmitt wrote:
David Wright wrote:
My 650MHz Pentium III (Coppermine) [...]
consumes ~50mA idling, ~300mA when busy. [...] at 220V

11 to 66 Watt. That's unusual for a full size PC of that time.
I knew some which issued 10 Watts already by noise power and could
heat a small sized office room in winter.

Sorry, "idling" is probably not the best term—I extracted the line
from a spreadsheet of power consumptions for a multitude of different
electronics and electrical appliances. For this PC, it means switched
on, but with only the NIC waiting for a wakeup call. So the disks, fan
and, I assume, the CPU, are not running. The ability to wake it up is
not something I currently use on this machine because of its
convenient location; though after shutdown, I don't rush to turn off
the wall switch.

The word you are looking for is probably "standby".

Mark