Re: Using .XCompose

On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 09:44:38AM +0000, Ajith R wrote:
> I copied one line from your keyboard configuration file and  my keyboard file looks like this now :# KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE
>
> XKBMODEL="pc105"
> XKBLAYOUT="in"
> XKBVARIANT="eng"
> XKBOPTIONS="lv3:ralt_switch,compose:caps,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
>
> BACKSPACE="guess"
>
> and my .XCompose file now is
> include "%L"
> <Multi_key> <s> <x>                     : "✄"   U2704 # WHITE SCISSORS
>
> However, when I press Caps Lock followed by s and then x or if I keep the Caps Lock pressed while I press s and x in sequence, I don't get scissors. I get S and X

I have no experience with modifying /etc/default/keyboard.
Does your Caps Lock key work for Compose if you set it with:

xmodmap -e "keysym Caps_Lock = Multi_key"

Also, as mentioned before, please make sure you open a new terminal
(or other X11 application) after modifying your .XCompose file.  That
file is only read when libx11 initializes during the start of a new
client application.