Re: Using .XCompose

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 davidson wrote:
On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 05:34:59AM +0000, Ajith R wrote:
[snip]

The problem I am trying to tackle:

One of the Malayalam letters, ങ (U+0D19), is used much more commonly
in its geminate form which is composed of three unicode charcters

  ങ  ്ങ (U+0D19 U+0D4D U+0D19)

which will yield the geminate form

  ങ്ങ

So, when I type, I want the ങ to be replaced with ങ്ങ.

The keyboard layout is working fine as far as I can see. It does
yield the correct letters. What doesn't seem to work is the
.XCompose mechanism.

One thing that would be helpful for us to know: How are you *testing*
whether the .XCompose mechanism "works"?

That is, after making changes to the ~/.XCompose file, what
applications do you use for testing? Do you use xterm?  Some other
terminal emulator?  Firefox? Several applications?  Which ones? Do
they all yield the same results?

Please tell me what I am missing.
[snip]

--
What do you want to take off? [hrzF or ?*] F
You were wearing a +0 robe.  The frost giant turns to flee.