Re: Advice on encrypted filesystem

David (12020-06-25):
> Hi, are you aware that Zoom has available a Linux-compatible
> desktop client application that runs without a browser?
>
> It works on Buster, apart from needing to be told which audio
> device to use every time it is run.
> Available here:
> https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

Note that running untrustworthy proprietary software directly on your
own system is significantly more risky than running it in the sandbox of
a web browser.

Installing it as a package with root privileges is even riskier. This
one does not seem to sneakily alter sources.list to add its own
repository, which is even worse, but better use the generic tarball as a
separate user.

Anyway, I never used Zoom, but with Jitsi and Big Blue Button, I had no
sound either with Firefox, but it worked with Chromium.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George