Re: Default vim colorscheme?

Il 22/06/20 17:09, Jonathan Dowland ha scritto:
That was my take, too. The difference to me looks due to bg=light and
bg=dark discrepancy. OP, you doubt this, but have you tried to confirm
it?

I hadn't tried, because I misunderstood Liam's suggestion. I've tried now and you're right, issuing

:set bg=dark

turns the "default" colorscheme into the same colors as "ron", at least as long as my bash scripts are concerned.

However, if I delete $HOME/.vimrc (so no :colorscheme command) and then switch to VT2 (no Xorg running there) I have a dark background just like my xfce4-terminal, but ":colorscheme default" does not assume a light background there and it does not use dark colors: it keeps the light colors (same colors of "ron", just to be clear). That leads me to think there's something in my xfce4-terminal that confuses the default colorscheme and that makes it assume a light background even if it's black.

What makes vim or the default colorscheme detect the dark/light background?