Re: Default vim colorscheme?

Il 22/06/20 10:05, elvis ha scritto:
Somewhere on your system maybe /usr/share/vim  or in /etc that default colour scheme is defined or linked to a real colour scheme. Find it.

I couldn't find the link, but I found /usr/share/vim/vim81/colors directory, that contains only 19 colorschemes: not that hard to bruteforce after all. I've tried all of them one after the other and I finally found "ron" to be the real default one, despite "colorscheme default" not loading "ron"...

Why "colorscheme default" doesn't load the real default, or why the real default goes by the name of "ron" and "default" is a non-default choice, is beyond me: maybe Debian exhausted the symlinks pool, so renaming the "default" file as "classic" or something and symlinking "default" to "ron" would have broken the whole system, but it doesn't really matter anymore... problem solved, thanks for your help.