Re: Default vim colorscheme?

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 09:35:45AM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
I think what happened is that when you set the default colour scheme
interactively a light background was assumed. That's why you get less
contrast in your second screenshot. If you subsequently do ':set
bg=dark' it should look like the first screenshot.

That was my take, too. The difference to me looks due to bg=light and
bg=dark discrepancy. OP, you doubt this, but have you tried to confirm
it?

Hmmmm, I (Debian Buster) ran bg=dark, and then 'colorscheme ron' and now
I have no colors.  er, Thanks!

I think the ron/peachpuff suggestion is wrong, they are not the default
colorschemes on Debian under any circumstances I am aware of.

I'm using neovim and the file /usr/share/nvim/runtime/colors/default.vim
defines the default colorschemes but this is not very useful to you
because it just clears any specific colors, so that the built-in
defaults are used instead.

--
👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 jmtd@debian.org