Re: technical terms overhaul

If I were about to do any technical terms overhaul, I'd keep two
considerations front of mind.
1) are the proposed replacements at least equally descriptive or better,
and
2) Do the proposed replacements use the same letter counts or smaller
letter counts than the original terms?
If the proposed replacements pass both tests, I'd document them in
definitions dictionaries and in terms used lists in technical memorandums
that were to be written so those who had used the older terminology
wouldn't get lost in the memorandums and other documents.
That's just my perspective on this whole thread, your mileage will vary.