Re: Disabling recommends - was [Re: bash-completion pros/cons]

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 06:48:26AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 06/18/2020 03:13 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> >On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 12:53:55AM +0100, Brian wrote:
> >
> >[...]
> >
> >>No you don't. A user preseeds with
> >>
> >>   recommends=false
> >>
> >>But you know for a fact that this doesn't work. Therefore, an answer to
> >>your enquiry
> >>
> >>   > Is there a way to totally disable recommends when installing Debian?
> >>
> >>is "no".
> >
> >Or file a bug report?
> >
> >;-P
> >

> Questions to ask before filing a bug report (even a wishlist):
>   1. Is it a "bug" or a "feature"?

*If* Brian is right with his assessment (and I haven't a reason to doubt
it, though I haven't checked either), I'd say it isn't a feature. Either
the program or the doc should be corrected.

>   2. Do I "know" something that is not actually true?

That is anyone's guess. I know I know many things which aren't true.
But alas, I don't know which ones ;-)

>   3. Do I have an unrecognized void in my understanding?

See above.

Cheers
-- t