Re: "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT"

Seeds Notoneofmy wrote:

> On 6/16/20 10:35 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > $ apt search nouveau
> > xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/stable 1:1.0.16-1 amd64
> >    X.Org X server -- Nouveau display driver
> >
> > So install that, make sure your X.org thinks it's the right
> > driver to use, and reboot for good luck.
>
> I currently have the nvidia drivers, do I just do apt-get remove nvidia
> and then follow your guide?

Three parts:

1. Remove the nvidia Xorg driver -- might need to remove the
Nvidia kernelmodeset module, too.

2. Install the nouveau Xorg video driver.

3. Tell the Xorg server to use the nouveau driver.

There are endless fiddly bits that might or might not interfere,
but that's the basic sequence.

-dsr-