Re: KDE run Dolphin as root?

On 6/16/20 12:26 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 09:21:24AM +0200, Marco Möller wrote:
On 15.06.20 21:47, Gary L. Roach wrote:
Someone in the Debian hierarchy decided that root Dolphin was too
much of a security risk. So the problem has propagated to at least
a half dozen other distros (Ubuntu,Kubuntu, Mint) to name a
couple.
To my knowledge, this is not true!
You're too polite ;-D

To my perception, this is borderline... conspiracy theory.

Cheers
-- t

Miacopa

I think I was venting. I am so frustrated with this whole Dolphin mess that I may have gone overboard. Dolphin is probably the most used package on my systems. I do a lot of compiling from source code and complicated computer modeling and the frustration this has caused is very very unfortunate. So who is responsible for messing around with my head. My last post did include an apology  to anyone I maligned.

Gary R