Re: Need commands

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 01:38:29PM +0100, mick crane wrote:

[...]

> I wish I'd never looked now.

Why? Granted, curiosity kills the cat, they say. But that's what we
hackers and tinkerers thrive on, ain't it?

What's a life without learning?
> so they are functions defined in the actual bash code for other
> words to get the result of ?

OK. My hunch is that they have something to do with bash autocompletion.
Since they are functions, not files, it's hard to say which package
they come from (with on-board means, that is).

But there are way more powerful off-board means. Enter Debian Code Search:

  https://codesearch.debian.net/

Put __load_completion into that little box and... yes, it comes from
the package "bash-completion" (which I explicitly don't install: I
tried it once and didn't like it. Too much magic. But horses for courses,
as they say, too :)

Enjoy
-- tomás