Re: Need commands

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 12:23:15PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
> On 2020-06-13 19:51, Darac Marjal wrote:
> >The full list of commands depends on what's installed, but you can
> >retrieve that list by opening a terminal and typing:
> >
> >    compgen -ac
>
> what are these words that begin with the underscore ?
>
> __load_completion
> __ltrim_colon_completions
> __parse_options
> __reassemble_comp_words_by_ref
> _allowed_groups
> _allowed_users
> _available_interfaces
> _cd
> _cd_devices
> _command

I don't have those. Most probably they are shell functions defined for your
session. Just issue the command

  type __load_completion

to shed light on that.

Which package or program defines them is anyone's guess, but you can try
to look into your shell initialization files (i.e. /etc/profile, ~/.bashrc,
all those mentioned in the FILES section of man bash [1]) to learn more.

Cheers

[1] or whatever shell is yours.

-- tomás