Re: Need commands

On 2020-06-14 12:42, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On 2020-06-13 19:51, Darac Marjal wrote:
>The full list of commands depends on what's installed, but you can
>retrieve that list by opening a terminal and typing:
>
>    compgen -ac

what are these words that begin with the underscore ?

__load_completion
__ltrim_colon_completions
__parse_options
__reassemble_comp_words_by_ref
_allowed_groups
_allowed_users
_available_interfaces
_cd
_cd_devices
_command

I don't have those. Most probably they are shell functions defined for your
session. Just issue the command

  type __load_completion

to shed light on that.

Which package or program defines them is anyone's guess, but you can try to look into your shell initialization files (i.e. /etc/profile, ~/.bashrc, all those mentioned in the FILES section of man bash [1]) to learn more.

Cheers

[1] or whatever shell is yours.

-- tomás

I wish I'd never looked now.
so they are functions defined in the actual bash code for other words to get the result of ?

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31