Re: [OT] Regular DKIM issues on this ML (was: Re: why !oh why Debian and application list)

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 07:52:55AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Looking at the email concerned, it had a line starting with "From"
> quoted with a ">".
>
> Mailing lists often do things like that, breaking DKIM.

I will add that I recall that Debian postmasters have been asked
before about making changes to accommodate receiving sites that are
strict about DKIM, and they explicitly declined to do so. I think
that was more in the context of rewriting the mail's From header
though (not preventing body changes as is the case here).

So I would not expect the DKIM situation to change any time soon with
regard to Debian mailing lists.

It is one of the reasons why I support moving to Discourse for use
cases such as this list.

Cheers,
Andy