Re: Zoom- best practice?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 8:17 AM Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
Michael Stone (12020-06-10):
> Properly configured mailing list software does no such thing, since it's a
> misuse of the reply-to header.

A misuse that works, compared to non-misuses that regularly bring back
"don't cc me" subthreads. At some points, the religion of "properly"
using headers need to cede to the pragmatism.

You need to realize that a solution that requires the user to use a
different key/command if they are replying to a list than if they are
not is inferior to a solution that works with always the same key.

>                                A better solution is to use a better program
> to read mail.

You mean I should use Mutt, like you?

Or literally any modern mail reader, all of which implement "reply to list".  It's not like the mailing list isn't publishing list-id headers.