Fw: How long will this take?

I have started the process over from the beginning. It seems to respond well to obs=4M as the write speed has gone from 3.7 MB/s to 28.2 MB/s, which is about the same as where it was with obs=1M. It should take a couple of days to complete this write process.

The WD drive that I have, which is connected to a separate USB2 port, showed a write speed of 27.5 Mb/s.

I am using:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb obs=4M status=progress

The read speed was faster, of course.

name=Matthew%20Campbell&email=trenix25%40pm.me