Re: Zoom- best practice?

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 08:37:55PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
tomas@tuxteam.de (12020-06-07):
Yes, the server is free software. As is Jitsi's. So you can get the
source, build yourself or download pre-built thingies.

Do you have evidence of somebody other than the authors themselves
having managed to build it?

A few months ago, I installed a Jitsi server from Debian packages
downloaded from the Jitsi web site.  The installation was on an old
machine (Intel or AMD64) running Debian (9 or 10).  I followed the
instructions in an installation video produced by Jitsi; the
installation was without difficulty.  I and a friend then
video-conferenced over the system; everything worked "as advertised".
I am out in central Texas, with a low-bandwidth Internet connection
provided by a microwave link.