Re: files under /boot

On Vi, 29 mai 20, 06:40:50, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> 2.a. (I said I can't count) And, presumably, to get my system closer to a
> correct configuration, I should consider finding and removing the package for
> the oldest kernel?

We can probably have a huge debate about what the "correct"
configuration is, so let's not get there :)

By default (i.e. non-expert install) you should have the package
'linux-image-amd64' installed (or whatever your architecture is), which
exists only to depend on the most recent kernel for your release
(stable, backports, testing, unstable).

Normally apt would suggest autoremoval of all older linux image
packages, however the previous one is explicitly excepted in
/etc/apt/01autoremove-kernels.

This works only if all linux image packages (except linux-image-amd64)
are marked 'automatic', it wont work if you manually installed linux
image packages yourself.

As dpkg doesn't track manual/auto installed status you should check the
output of

    apt list --installed linux-image-*

Kind regards,
Andrei