Re: GPU support for Linux 4.19

I am using GPU passthrough (via VFIO/IOMMU) on Debian 4.19.
I don't think the specific video card really matters. The passthrough
happens at the PCIe layer.

So, the more important thing is to get a motherboard with good IOMMU groups.
Then, whatever you plug into those slots (could be GPU, or whatever),
can be segregated on your Linux system and passed through to the
guest.

For reference, I am passing though a GeForce GTX 1660, and using a
Radeon RX 580 on the host system.
This is a bit different from what you describe: I have 2 video cards
installed, and am only passing one through.
It sounds like you want to have one card installed. I have read this
is possible, but have no experience with it.

My process was not without issues. In particular, for my x570
motherboard, I had to do a kernel patch for the "AGESA reset bug".
This was about a year ago, so it may have been fixed in mainline by now.

I did a writeup of my experience here:
https://old.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/cvvxvj/success_on_x570_ryzen_2000/

(follow the link to the original post for more details of the issues I
encountered)

Thanks
-John