Re: USB controller resets when burning CD

deloptes wrote:

I would suggest try using usb2 port if the PC has one or unloading the
xhci_hcd. Your old pc did not have usb3 for sure and you reported it worked well there.

Unfortunately, trying different USB ports does not make any difference, as all my external USB ports belong to the same controller. Would like to try your other suggestion, unloading xhci_hcd and let the system fall back to ehci_hcd. How do I do that? I tried blacklisting xhci_hcd, following the instructions in the Debian Kernel Manual Chapter 6. When I rebooted, xhci_hcd loaded anyhow.