Re: USB controller resets when burning CD

deloptes wrote:

> Dan Ritter wrote:
>
>> Suggestions to verify/eliminate this: move it to a different USB
>> port (not nearby); put it on a USB hub that get power via an AC
>> adapter.
>
> the burners (usb2) that I have provide dual usb cable exactly for this.
> as we know typical usb2 provide 0.5A, so might be your suspicion is
> correct.
>
> but if we knew the make and model, it were easier to check.

It seems it comes with external power supply http://teac-ipd.com/dk-5000/

But what I noticed is the use of USB3 port
        USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd

I would suggest try using usb2 port if the PC has one or unloading the
xhci_hcd. Your old pc did not have usb3 for sure and you reported it worked
well there.