Re: Excess security measures

On Du, 17 mai 20, 12:30:03, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Du, 17 mai 20, 10:10:38, deloptes wrote:
> > Reco wrote:
> >
> > > Please elaborate that. I haven't found any way to enable that in Debian
> > > 10, yet somehow you did it.
> >
> > perhaps what is meant here is apt-get from source with unknown gpg key. I
> > personally do not see another option. But I also do not know how one can
> > workaround this.
>
> There are several ways to do this (per invocation, repository, global),
> depending on the use case.

I probably should have mentioned the relevant docs:

    apt-secure(8)   - general concept
    apt-get(8)      - per invocation
    sources.list(5) - per repository
    apt.conf(5)     - global

Installing downloaded debs with 'apt install ./some.deb' will probably
never complain (it doesn't for packages provided by Debian)

Kind regards,
Andrei