make apt show packages in column

Hi

when installing a package with multiple dependencies apt gives an output:
(example: apt install gnome)

>  accountsservice aisleriot apache2-bin apg baobab bluez bluez-obexd
>  bogofilter ogofilter-bdb bogofilter-common bolt brasero-common
>  caribou cheese cheese-common chrome-gnome-shell cracklib-runtime
>  dconf-cli dleyna-server eog evince evince-common evolution
>  evolution-common evolution-data-server evolution-data-server-common
>  evolution-plugin-bogofilter evolution-plugin-pstimport
>  evolution-plugins file-roller five-or-more
output truncated

It is very inconvenient to inspect the list of installed packages in
such output. Is it possible to make apt output this in a column?

For example:

>  accountsservice  (version, size, ...)
>  aisleriot
>  apache2-bin
>  apg
>  baobab
>  bluez
>  bluez-obexd

This is something that FreeBSD pkg does by default and I find it to be very
convenient. I have not found any options in apt.conf

Looking at the source [1] it seems that space separator is hard-coded..

[1] https://sources.debian.org/src/aptitude/0.8.12-3/src/cmdline/
cmdline_prompt.cc/?hl=227#L227

--
Ihor Antonov