Re: Output from date command defaults to 12-hour in Buster.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 08:00:05AM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I had thought all along that I was dealing with a feature
> rather than a bug

It's an intentional change.  It's a "feature" from the libc developers'
point of view.  As far as they are concerned, Americans use 12-hour
clocks, so the en_US.utf8 locale is supposed to present times in 12-hour
format by default.

The fact that many of us *don't* want times shown in that format is a
preference, so it falls on us to configure our own environments according
to our own tastes.