Re: Jitsi (was Re: Please help me find a good Debian compatible video card).

On Apr 27, 2020, Nicolas George wrote:
> Dan Purgert (12020-04-27):
> > I tried it locally (with a LOCAL instance running) and it worked quite
> > nicely for half a dozen PCs / laptops around the house.
>
> Oh, interesting.
>
> Have you found a good set of instructions to set it up on a Debian?
> People I know have been looking for and did not find.

Just followed the quickstart guide on their github page.  Basically it
was these handful of steps:

1. added the repo -- deb https://download.jitsi.org stable/
2. added the jitsi signing key -- EF8B479E2DC1389C
3. apt-get update && apt-get install jitsi-meet
4. whacked the config file because the STUN service didn't behave
properly for jitsi-videobridge or one of the other components.
5. followed the security things (dole out username & password for
meeting creation -- anyone can technically spin one up, but they're
stuck in a waiting room til I open it).

NOTE -- I'm running it on Buster.

--
|_|O|_| Github: https://github.com/dpurgert
|_|_|O| PGP: DDAB 23FB 19FA 7D85 1CC1  E067 6D65 70E5 4CE7 2860