Re: Jitsi (was Re: Please help me find a good Debian compatible video card).

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 11:53:39PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
Russell L. Harris (12020-04-27):
I do not have the URL, but Jitsi has a YouTube video which takes you
step-by-step through a server installation on Debian.  It is a nice
presentation; I have used it with success.

Is it the one you were thinking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KR0AhDZF2A

? If so, that is not a tutorial on installing a piece of software, that
is a tutorial on opening access to my computer to people I do not trust
much. No, thanks.

If Jitsi is really Libre Software, then it should be installable from
sources. This is the tutorial I am looking for.

Regards,

--
 Nicolas George

As to "...opening access to [your] computer...", what do you mean?

The tutorial shows how to install jitsi from a Debian package.

At this time the package is not in the Debian archive, but if you have
the expertise you can create your own Debian package from the source,
which is available in github.

Do you not understand that jitsi is open source?

What kind of tutorial are you expecting to find?
RLH