Re: Persistent sshfs mount from inside a Buster virtual machine?

hello nate.

i had a problem with setting this up in the first place and now it's working great for me.  i have 4 vm's, debian: stable, testing, centos and opensuse.  i think that suse was the worst to get it going.

here is mine from testing(bullseye/sid)
[Unit]
Description=sshfs_mount share
#Requires=network-online.target
#After=remote-fs.target

[Mount]
What=emetib@192.168.122.1:/home/emetib/programming/share/
Where=/home/chadb/share
Type=fuse.sshfs
Options=IdentityFile=/home/chadb/.ssh/id_rsa,allow_other,follow_symlinks,_netdev

and from my stable(8.11)
[Unit]
Description=sshfs_mount share
Requires=sshd.service

[Mount]
What=emetib@192.168.122.1:/home/emetib/programming/share/
Where=/home/chadb/share
Type=fuse.sshfs
Options=IdentityFile=/home/chadb/.ssh/id_rsa,allow_other,follow_symlinks,_netdev

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

why the testing doesn't complain about not having the [Install] i don't know.
i wrote this down so the next time it would be much much simpler.

for home-$USER-share.mount
  need -- fuse, sshfs
  mkdir /home/$USER/share
  make sure that the $USER is correct in the mount point and where the id_rsa file is pointing to
  chmod 644 the file once it gets put where it's supposed to go
    -- /etc/systemd/system/
  run sshfs as the $USER and sudo/root to make sure it is initialized
    -- for opensuse; you will have to enable this with --
	"systemctl enable home-$USER-share.mount" as sudo/root

journalctl -xe(?) is your friend on this.  i don't know why i had to also use root (initalization), yet it kept messing with me if i didn't.

haven't posted for a while, so hopefully i helped
take care
em