Re: Boot so slow it never completes, while Windows boots fine

On 2020-04-23 13:35, David Christensen wrote:
On 2020-04-23 07:57, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
TL;DR: My laptop starts ~20x slower than normal. Booting Debian hangs
before the kernel starts. Windows 10 boots slow, but then works fine.
Hardware problem?

I find it very useful to have a USB 3.0 flash drive with Debian installed on it.  Get a good USB 3.0 flash drive, 16 GB or larger, and try installing Debian onto it.  Make sure the installer sees the target drive as /dev/sda.

Use another computer if you choose this option.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS settings to defaults? Is there a motherboard jumper for resetting CMOS settings? Be sure to write down or photograph the current settings before you do either of these -- Windows 10 may not boot for certain setting values.

David