Re: Netbeans/Java Tutorial - Hangs

Apr 20, 2020, 16:01 by westk@acu.edu:

>  The fact that neither Eclipse nor NetBeans works "out of the box" on Debian just adds to that sentiment.

Eclipse runs fine on Debian, I've been running Eclipse on Buster for quite some time without any issues worth mentioning. I suspect Netbeans will run fine on Debian too if you install a proper JDK/JRE, Netbeans 10 probably requires JDK 10 to run.

Neither Eclipse or Netbeans are a part of Debian distribution so some tinkering may indeed be required.

Regards,